The main ability of the power is that it can cause the user to morph into anything. Shapeshifters are capable of turning into people, animals and objects. In their cloud form, Roman and Riker used force from the cloud and momentum to fight. When they spin around an opponent, it created a strong centrifugal pressure that slowly crushes the victim, making shapeshifting both useful and dangerous.
The main weakness to this power lies within the science behind it. In order for shapeshifting to take place, the user must rearrange their molecular structure. If one can freeze the molecules, the power will be compromised. This makes the user vulnerable to cryokinesis and presumably molecularkinesis or other forms of molecular manipulation, as both can freeze a molecular structure. Also, if the user is not mentally disciplined and shape shifts into an animal, they take on the mental capacity of that animal.
- The Rise of Five (Roman & Riker)
- The List (Roman & Riker)
- Sheep-Shifting (Kaz)
- The Attack (Roman & Riker; Reese; Rodissius' children)
- Shapeshifting acts on the same principles as geo-leaping, since shapeshifters manipulate their molecular structures in the same manner that bionic people can geoleap by manipulating their molecular structures to jump to and materialize in another location.
- Shapeshifters tend to prefer dark, cavernous spaces. However, Kaz shows no sign of this (although this could be due to the fact that Kaz's ability was temporary).
- When shapeshifters use their ability, they take on the form of an unstable dark cloud similar to the Black Swarm when transitioning from form to form. This probably represents their molecular structure rearranging to take on the form of whoever they turn into.
- Shapeshifters have been shown to keep their sentience no matter what form they take, thus allowing them to be able to change back at will, even if they turned into an animal or an inanimate object.
- The cyber-cloaks have a similar function to shapeshifting, as they can both change the user's appearance. However, shapeshifting is the better of the two, as the cyber-cloak is limited to other people.
- Cyber-masks work to a lesser extent, as they only change the user's face to that of another person, rather than their whole body.
|The image gallery for Shapeshifting may be viewed here.|